Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23

Here In Tanzania Arrival at 11 PM in Tanzania does not tell much of the story of the life and weather. We had been told it was hot, but were unprepared for the ravage of heat + no rain. The garden is pretty much gone
Dead Corn
Topiary Chair-- (Pauli assures me it will live again?????):
Better Days of Topiary Chair.
Green Mamba in the bathroom of our friend Annie M's in 2006. Rose told me that while we were gone a huge (and she emphasized the words Kubwa Sana (very big) green mamba went racing across the back from B4 to our Mango Tree that hangs sort of over the house. At that, I asked Pauli if the chickens were getting a good long walk every day...he opened the kuku house. Thank you Rose The big news of our chickens (I'm sure anyone actually reading this blog will be very interested in this) is that Edness my new black hen, thank you Chrissy, has been accepted by the group. She and Oswald 2nd are pals as much as a hen and rooster ever are, and the other hens are no longer stigmatizing her. Yea!
Nyoka killer
First my brown hen with the black mamba, then being chummy this afternoon with her hen pals
Edness being chummy with her friends So there we are. My back just about done in--

No comments:

Post a Comment